Friday, September 14, 2007

sniffing the finish line...or is that just my sweaty workout shorts?


FROM: Bob
TO: Jim
DATE: 8.29.07


Jimbo,

You owe me a photo and an update. Yesterday was Day 60 for you. Tomorrow is Day 60 for me. Are you still on it?!

Last week I worked out 6 of 7 days for the 1st time in weeks. (I'd been gutting out an average of 5 days a week the previous 3 or 4 weeks.)

I'll take my pic tomorrow as agreed. Then when I get your mug shot I'll post them with the latest and greatest.

Personally, I thought my physique would've altered a bit more. I'm specificaly referring to my gut and a hint of love handles. Shouldn't these things be gone by now?

Guess that's what happens when you only work out 5 days a week and eat a semi-regular diet of cakes, ice cream and other such sweets. And the post-9 o'clock dinners can't help.

These last 30 days have to be a serious push towards round the clock smart, healthy eating. So I guess that means tonight I'm allowed to have my last lousy, fat-filled meal. (I've already had a late lunch of Mexican food, with plenty of chips and salsa.)

I'm gonna finish this mo'fo next month in a blaze of glory! Do it, Jimbo!

Send me that photo.

Go Bruins!

~Bob O.

FROM: Jim
TO: Bob
DATE: 8.30.07


Glad to hear you are still at it.

I am still cranking away as well. I had some obstacles over the last 30 days due to lots of travel which gets me out of the routine plus I had a sore back which slowed me down a bit. However, I was able to persevere and I am still going strong. Haven't missed a day.

Attached is the 60 day pic. I think the changes are more dramatic inside than outside. I am feeling a lot more energized these days and a lot stronger.

Look forward to going to the website and seeing your 60 day look.

Also cranking up to the level 3-4 now so as we hit the homestretch I should finish strong.

Keep plugging away.

Jim

FROM: Jim
TO: Bob
DATE: 9.14.07


The horse is smelling the barn on day 90. Wahoooo!!!

FROM: Bob
TO: Jim
DATE: 9.14.07


And that horse would be a thoroughbred, right?

Had a challenging Day 75 workout tonight. When is this gonna get easier? Since I don't have the 3-4 DVD I've taken it upon myself to ramp up my reps to compensate for not having the advanced program. During days 1-30 I was doing 15 reps of each of the strength routines (curls, military press, etc.) and 15 reps of the 10 different sit-up/crunch moves. I stepped all of them up to 20 reps during the 31-60 days. Now I'm up to 25 reps of everything.

And I've still got a bit of a paunch.

Like I said on the phone the other day, Power 90 will now be Power 101 for me. With NO days off from here on out. I may even make it into Power 113. Or Power 111 because I like all those ones.

So here's my weekly report card after 10+ weeks:

Week 1--worked out 5 days
Week 2--worked out 7 days
Week 3--worked out 5 days
Week 4--worked out 5* days
Week 5--worked out 5 days
Week 6--worked out 5 days
Week 7--worked out 5 days
Week 8--worked out 6 days
Week 9--worked out 6** days
Week 10--worked out 4 days (doh! WTF?!)

* 4 if you don't count the day I substituted a 2-hour sweaty sex romp for that day's cardio workout. But like I said, that was as vigorous as any P90 workout I've had.

** 4 if you don't count the day I took a vigorous spin around the San Francisco Bay on Brad's paddle board one evening, followed by an equally taxing trip down the bay on Brad's sea kayak the following afternoon.

No more missed days. No more late dinners. No more scarfing down cake, muffins and donuts.

This gut WILL be gone by Day 101!

This collaboration idea was a Power 90 godsend. Thanks for the inspiration, my friend.

~Bob O.

P.S. Did you notice that we both look bigger/softer/doughier in our Day 90 pics than we did in our Day 60 pics? What gives?! Can you see why I'm continuing on to Day 111? Time to ignore the dessert tray and just say no to flour!

No comments: