Monday, July 23, 2007

gutting it out




FROM: Jim
TO: Bob
DATE: 7.22.07


hey there.

day 23 - still on track. getting stronger which feels good. it is nice to have some muscle mass again. it has been a long time.

traveling to chicago on monday for a few days so i will have to do the hotel workout which i hate.

i assume you are still going strong as well. can you send me the link to your blog so i can read your postings?

talk to you soon.

jd


FROM: Bob
TO: Jim
DATE: 7.23.07


It's about time you got back to me, ya bastard! I was beginning to think you'd slacked off and were too ashamed to tell me.

Either that or I thought you were pissed at me for calling you "Fatso" when we saw you on the 4th of July. I told you I was calling you that for your own good. A motivational tool from your Power 90 personal trainer. You said you didn't mind. But I felt bad about calling you that after we left.

So my apologies.

Now I'm using other motivational tools to keep you fired up. Like posting this photo I took of you 5 years ago during our old farts trip to Tahoe way back when. Let me know if you've got a problem with going public with this kind of display of your...former girth. Or soon-to-be-former, anyway.

Glad to hear you're still on it. And re-acquiring muscle mass, no less. Good job! How long HAS it been since you felt like you were in decent shape? And how have you been eating? Any late night refrigerator raids? Do you like ice cream as much as I do?

Good luck with staying motivated and committed on the road. Just do it, dude! Think of it this way: by doing Power 90 in your hotel room, it's keeping you out of the bars and strip clubs. (Not that you were ever one to frequent these places.)

As for me, I just completed Day 22 this morning. Day 1 of Week 4. Feeling good, getting stronger. I worked out twice in a tiny Catalina hotel room over the weekend. That's how committed I am. Trying to eat well. But I somehow keep finding myself at the wrong end of a burrito or a mouthful of ice cream.

After 3 weeks, my report card reads like this:

Week 1--worked out 5 days
Week 2--worked out 7 days
Week 3--worked out 5 days

Since the Power 90 program says you should workout 6 days a week, I figure if I go 7 days this week I'll be back on track for doing this thing without cutting any corners.

Keep me posted on how you do this week from the road. I wanna hear how you're eating, too. And make sure you're near a camera in a week. Gotta post those Day 30 shots.

Cheers!

~Bob

No comments: